Appointments Begin with a Smile & a Welcome
Begin with a Smile
Having your teeth cleaned by an Independent Dental Hygienist is just like having your teeth cleaned in a dental office, with 2 main exceptions: 1- The dentist doesn’t come in at the end, and, 2- the atmosphere is more relaxed and quiet — no noisy drills to listen to!
Each appointment at Dental Hygiene Haven begins with a Smile and a Welcome plus all the dental hygiene services available in Fort Collins.
I’ll ask how you are, partly because I care about you, and partly because what’s happening in your life effects your overall health and your teeth and gums.
All the usual stuff takes place, starting with updates:
Starting With Updates
- Medical History update including a Blood Pressure check
- Exam: Oral Cancer Screening, Gum Disease Exam, and a Filling assessment
- Teeth Cleaning or Gum Therapy, depending on your Gum Disease status available are:
- Routine Teeth Cleaning
- Periodontal Scaling & Root Planing (“Deep Cleaning”)
- Periodontal Maintenance
Hand instruments and an ultrasonic scaler may be used, and polishing is done. I like to finish with a gum massage using an herbal toothpaste that is refreshing to the gums and just plain feels good.
- Teeth Whitening Refills
- Customized Oral Hygiene Instruction (Home Care)
- Bacterial Testing (Salivary Lab Test)
- Wellness/Nutrition Program (featuring Standard Process supplements)
- Dental Consultations (To help you decide whether lots of dental work is really best for you)
- Dental Tourism Consultations
Vicky is amazing. Not only is Vicky a very talented dental hygienist, she is also very caring and compassionate.Angie Schilaty
Regarding Cavity/Filling Evaluation – I trust that by now I’ve made it clear that I am not a dentist (nor do I play one on TV!) and do not diagnose dental disease. As I go around each tooth, I will show you holes in your teeth, cracked or broken fillings, or other problems I see. Fort Collins has many skilled dentists. I strive to understand your personal philosophy of care so I can recommend a dentist to you who matches your philosophy. The American Dental Association recommends seeing a dentist twice a year for dental exams.